Saturday, March 17, 2012

Minor League Spring Training Day One

So today was the first day of Minor League Spring Training(not sure why I capitalized that but it just seems really important) Got there in time to get a roster and see the first pitch. I sat and faced the Tampa team this time and hope to be able to see the Charleston team at least once before the end of spring training. The starter for Tampa was Nik Turley who I was happy to see since the last time I saw him, his pitching hand was in a cast after being hit by a comebacker. Around the diamond was Kyle Roller, Kelvin Castro, Carmen Angelini(ss) and Zach Wilson. Playing the outfield from right to left was Rob Segedin, Mason Williams and Ramon Flores. Catching was Gary Sanchez and Yeicok Calderon was the DH. Halfway through the games, the second string came out and I did not have the energy to write them all down. They looked pretty solid but since there isn't a working scoreboard and because I got up to see what was going on with the Charleston field behind me, I can't really tell you what the score was or how each individual player did.
Tomorrow I am hoping to go see Scranton and Trenton, if I don't make it out there tomorrow, I am planning on going next Saturday which I will be able to see Scranton and Trenton so I'm not worried.
Here is a picture from the game today and the roster from the day.


This is of course all very preliminary but its exciting that the minor league season is starting to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment